Sunday, August 30, 2015

BIG hurry

I walked to the bank at the corner of Bonfiant and Georgia on Friday morning. As I approached Fenton on Sligo, I passed a red garbage truck and a man emptying the trash can at the bus stop next to 850 Sligo Avenue. After he dumped the contents of the can, the truck raced-off eastward on Sligo. AS I walked on to Fenton, I could hear the truck turn on Woodhury, then onto Gist. As I approached the intersection, the light turned yellow. The truck turned onto Fenton and raced to Sligo x Fenton, where the light was just turning red. Rather than stop for the light, the driver accelerated through the light. I got it on video. I know there is a lot of work to do, but come on...

Later that evening, I went with my family to Sligo Afe for a reunion dinner of sorts. On the way back we crossed the Greyhound station property, and had to pull-back to avoid being stampeded by three buses roaring-out onto Sligo Avenue.

Be aware pedestrians - drivers are in a hurry, and if they're driving something big, they're probably in a BIG hurry, too.



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment