Sunday, May 24, 2015

garbage

My wife and I took a walk down Fenton St. to Downtown Silver Spring. Ate lunch at Burgerfi, then stooped-in at Whole Foods to pick-up some ingredients for dinner. We took the dog with us, so I waited outside with him while  my wife went in. I walked over to the Wayne Ave. side of the parking lot and over to the sidewalk, where there was plenty of shade. I was disappointed to find that a garbage dumpster is located across the curb ramp and crosswalk there, and that drivers use the area as a turnaround.

I stood there waiting for a few minutes, and noticed dozens of Whole Food's customer walk through there and into the store.

If you wanted an example of what Whole Foods and other businesses in Downtown Silver Spring think of pedestrians here it is... garbage When it comes to pedestrian infrastructure, a lot of businesses find a better use for it than serving their walking customers. OK - so I know this wasn't done on purpose, but it points to a lack of regard and respect for walkers in general. It shouldn't take a complaint for someone to see this and know it is wrong...


Click on the first image and scroll...






































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment